Saturday, July 30, 2016

Self-Testing Assessments

Self-Testing Assessments


     When I used to think of self-testing, I used to think of my teacher telling us to take a test, then letting peers grade it before handing it in to the teacher for the teacher to finish doing the initial grading. This is something that I was not exposed to in this course. The self-tests that we took were just like check for understanding check points which is something that I completely agree with and would prefer to even use in my own classroom. 
I really did enjoy taking all of these self tests specifically because it was a simple approach to testing my knowledge without feeling the need of test anxiety as if it were going to affect my grade. I always get nervous before taking tests. With these types of tests, I felt absolutely comfortable and in my own comfort zone. I didn’t feel an ounce of test anxiety and I was very thrilled about that.
I didn’t find any tests to be specifically challenging, but I did find that a specific test type of question was a bit more difficult for me to comprehend. The types of questions that were difficult or educationally challenging for me were the questions that had specific case scenarios. Personally, I always think that those types of questions are easy for me, but then I notice that I get stuck between two choices and I usually pick the wrong choice which stimulates my second guessing myself. The questions that were enlightening for me were the questions that were accompanied with unique definitions because most of the time, I agreed with those definitions. I really think that these types of check for understanding checkpoints or mini self tests are perfect for a course designed like this.

Here is the link to my e-folio, click on the Self-Tests tab and it will take you to mini reflections on something that I liked about each test. 

No comments:

Post a Comment